Friday, March 15, 2013

Mission call!

Well, folks, it finally came. I got my mission call today! This time next year, I will be in the beautiful country of El Salvador!

It was the deepest desire of my heart to be called to a Spanish speaking mission, but I really had no idea where I would be called to serve or even if my wish to speak Spanish would come true. I tried really hard not to boss the Lord while I was waiting those three excruciating weeks for my call... I only specifically told Him how much I wanted to go Spanish speaking one time... but I was thinking it pretty much all the time. I feel so lucky to not only have an opportunity to serve God but to do it in a language I LOVE and want to learn better.

My family wanted me to read the whole first paragraph of the call's cover letter, starting from "Dear Sister Henrie" to "It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months," but I couldn't help it, I only read aloud the salutation before skipping to "You are assigned to labor in..." At the moment I read it, I knew it was right. It was a feeling of, "Duh, of course you'd be called to El Salvador." Because of that immediate confirmation, I wasn't surprised. But I was... and still am... freaking HAPPY!

Graig's mission call came today too. We opened his first, then mine. He's going to Honduras Tegucigalpa, and get this- we both report to the Mexico MTC on the same day! I'm so excited for him! And me!

The streamers block your view a bit, but this is a REAL hug between me and my brother caught on video. Aw... it's good to be reminded our relationship goes deeper than teasing and wrestling.

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission
Report Date: July 24, 2013

Hermana. Sister.

My roommate Sara, who gets home before I do on Thursdays, sent me a picture similar to this to inform me that my call came. It was sure hard to focus at work after that. :)

Thanks to all the family and friends that showed up to support me as I opened my call today. I love you!

5 comments:

  1. I like the additions to your blog. Too excited to sleep, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! So very very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks, Ary. I'm glad you got to Skype when I opened it!

    ReplyDelete