Monday, June 19, 2023

Wrapped Around Her Little Finger

I saw it in the ultrasound just before the tech asked, “How does a little girl sound?” I was thinking, Is that a GIRL? I had convinced myself our second baby would be a boy because both of Clayton’s married brothers had two boys.

But after that initial jolt of surprise, the Spirit washed over me. I knew this was right, that God was sending us a precious girl for a reason.

In that joyful moment, my plans for an elaborate gender reveal evaporated. We called our parents as soon as we got out of the doctor’s office. Clayton’s parents took it in stride—his dad has correctly predicted the sex of all 11 of his grandchildren. My mom and sister, too, said they knew all along. My dad started to bawl. He said he’d been praying for a granddaughter.

Baby Girl, we were all wrapped around your little finger before you were even born. 🥰




1 comment:

  1. Waaaaaaay too adorable. What was going to be your elaborate gender reveal?

    ReplyDelete